What We're All About
The Ministry of Chittagong Hill Tracts Affairs, Chittagong Hill Tracts Development Board, Bangladesh Adventure Foundation, and Bangladesh Adventure Club are jointly going to organize “Bangabandhu Tour de CHT MTB Challenge-2020” to pay tribute to this great leader on the birth centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the father of the best Bengali nation of all time and to inspire the new generation in the development of sports tourism industry in Bangladesh and to increase the use of bicycles as a mountain-based adventure activity and environmentally friendly sustainable vehicle
Besides, Bangladesh Adventure Club has been working with the Ministry of Chittagong Hill Tracts Affairs for a long time to promote mountain-based sports and tourism in the hilly areas. The journey that began in 2015 with the successful organization of the Mountain Bike Challenge in the highlands for the first time on the occasion of the inauguration of the Himalayan Project. Following this, MTV Challenge has been successfully organized on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the Hill Tracts Development Board in 2016, The Legend Mountain Bike Challenge and two successful events of Tour de CHT. This year’s “Bangabandhu Tour de CHT MTB Challenge-2020” will add a new dimension to all these events. Where 100 contestants will fight for this proud title.
“Riding a bike is everything to a cyclist. The friendship and camaraderie you have with other cyclists… to a cyclist, it was the be-all and end-all of your life.” — Tommy Godwin, English long-distance cyclist
The main objectives of this competition are:
- Adding a new dimension to the hills in celebration of the birth centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu.
- To promote adventure sports tourism in the Chittagong Hill Tracts.
- Introduce the local people to Mountain Bikes.
- Creating opportunities to compete in the international arena.
- Increase the ability of the new generation to develop physical and mental health.
- Introduce mountain bikes as safe and durable vehicles.
- Introduction of Mountain Bike as an eco-friendly and affordable vehicle.